We invite all YOUTH, Ma’s and Pa’s, and Leaders going on the Trek to earn the Trail of Faith award by May 31st. Upon completion they will receive a certificate and something special to wear on the Trek. Below is a promise given by our Stake Presidency.
“Great preparations are underway at the stake and ward levels for our upcoming trek youth conference. However the most important preparation will be by you individually. The following items have been selected to help you prepare your hearts and minds for your trek experience. As you participate and listen to the impressions and feelings that will come, the Lord will bless you. Your testimony will be strengthened and you will be prepared to make this a significant Trek experience.”….The Hermosa Vista Stake Presidency
- Teach a Family Home Evening lesson/or give a talk on a pioneer.
- Memorize the theme hymn “As Zion’s Youth in Latter Days.”(all 3 vs.)
- Share or write your testimony pertaining to the sacrifice the pioneers made to allow us the gospel.
- Memorize the theme scripture D&C 63:47-“He that is faithful and endureth shall overcome the world.” and then read Doctrine and Covenants sections 1, 4,136 and 138. Record your feelings and impressions in your journal.
- Visit with a parent/relative and find something new about your family Legacy (story, incident, etc.). Record what you learned. What does it mean to you?
- Participate with your ward in pre-trek activities. (as many as you can)
As Zion’s Youth in Latter Days
As Zi-on’s youth in lat-ter days, We stand with val-iant heart,
With prom-ise shining in our eyes, Re-solved to do our part.
Up-on a no-ble past we build; The fu-ture fills our view.
We face the chal-lenge of our day And pledge we will be true.
The truths and val-ues we em-brace Are mocked on ev-‘ry hand.
Yet as we lis-ten and o-bey We know we can with-stand
The e-vils that would weak-en us, The sin that would de-stroy.
With Faith, we hold the i-ron rod And find in this our joy.
Thru test and trial we’ll have our fears, But we will not de-spair.
We’re here to serve a righ-teous cause; Truth gives us strength to dare.
We’ll love, and learn, and o-ver-come; We’ll sing a joy-ful song.
As Zi-on’s youth in lat-ter days, Tri-um-phant, pure, and strong.